Sunday 30 August 2015

Pasta al Burro


pasta al burro

This dish is simple, delicious, sounds sophisticated and you can get it ready in a pinch. The Pasta al Burro is better known in North America as Pasta Alfredo, which traditionally it doesn't have any cream added to it. And really, with lots of butter (Burro) and Parmessan, who needs cream? ;)

Lately I've been a huge fan of fast to prepare meals. You see, apart from my full time job, my family and the blog , I decided to embrace a new project...
Another one of my passions is corsets (and in case you are asking, yes, those body shaping 1800's underwear). I've been making my own corsets for about a year now and I've had so much fun sewing them that I've open up an online, the Aurora Corsetry & Accessories... I would love you to come by and take a look and tell me what you think! 
So yeah, as you can imagine,  all my every day activities and the setting up of my new shop left me with little time for preparing elaborated meals, and the Pasta al Burro has been a great solutions for nights when hubby and I need a bit more of romance, add a glass o wine to your meal, some grapes as dessert and you've prepared yourself a date-night dinner. 

Preparation time: 30 min
Yield: 2 portions
Level, easy peasy

Ingredients
250g Pasta of your choice
50g of Butter
1 cup of grated Parmesan
Nutmeg - optional
Parsley - optional
Salt and pepper

Cook pasta in salted boiling water as per package instructions. Reserve a cup of the pasta cooking water, drain it and set it aside. 

In a mixing bowl, add butter and half of the pasta water. Mix it to form an emulsion, add the parmesan, nutmeg, season with salt and pepper and fold in the cooked pasta. Add more water if needed.

Sprinkle it with chopped parsley and just like that, it's ready to serve. Enjoy.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment