Friday 10 April 2015

No Yeast Pizza Dough

no yeast pizza

This recipe is for those who like their pizza crust thin and crispy. Wanna know what's even more exciting? No need to wait for the dough to rise. ;)
* The pizza on the picture was topped with cream cheese, Cambozola, sun-dried tomatoes and arugula. 
Pizza is one of my favorite foods and like most of my meals, I like it homemade. However,we all have to agree that sometimes life gets too busy and improvisation is needed, so on one of those chaotic days I remember my cousin's yeastless pizza dough recipe. I tried it and it was so good that I've been making it every since.

Preparation time: 40 min
Yield: 4 portions
Level:  Easy

Ingredients
  • 300g All-purpose flour
  • 150ml Water
  • 1 tbsp Olive oil
  • 1 tsp Salt
For the topping:
  • 4 tbsp Cream chesse
  • 100g Cambozola (sliced)
  • 2 tbsp Sun-dried tomatoes (sliced)
  • A hand-full of arugula
  • 2 tbsp Olive Oil
  • 1/4 tsp Powdered Garlic
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Start by mixing all dough ingredients. Knead it for about 5 minutes, until you get a nice homogeneous dough. Set it aside. 

Pre-heat the oven to 450 F (230 C) with a baking stone or the baking sheet inside. In the meantime, mix 1 tbsp of olive oil, cream cheese, powdered garlic and season with salt and pepper. 

Divide the dough in half and roll it out  until you get a very thin pizza crust. Brush it with a bit olive oil, lay it on top of parchment paper and bake it for bout 5 minutes, until cooked but not yet browned. Take it out of the oven, spread cream cheese mixture and  other topping on top (except for the arugula), bake it for another 5 minutes, until cheese has melted. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

7 comments:

  1. I love this fast and fresh pizza dough. Pinned~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've inspired me! I'm making this for dinner. My family loves thin crust and I'm impatient so it will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried making my own pizza dough but this looks so good!! I love your pizza topping too. These days I am using a ton of arugula!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how quick and easy this is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need a good pizza dough recipe; and bonus points for one with no yeast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried a no yeast pizza dough! Definitely need to give this a go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love making homemade pizza and pizza dough and love this idea to make it without yeast, sounds delicious! Your topping sounds wonderful too, pinning

    ReplyDelete